We Save Places.
Restore Oregon is Oregon's only statewide nonprofit for historic preservation.
We work with people like you to save the places that tell Oregon’s whole story.
Restore Oregon promotes inclusive historic preservation as a means of preserving Oregon’s cultural heritage and as a tool for solving problems such as insufficient affordable housing, stalled economic development, and negative impacts from climate change. Drawing on the strength of our communities and the depth of our cultural heritage--from Astoria to Lakeview--and everywhere in-between, we advocate for effective policies and incentives, deliver quality educational programs, and directly intervene to save endangered places that matter to Oregonians.
At Restore Oregon, We Educate.
Through annual preservation events like the Mid-Century Modern Design Series and Restoration Celebration
By providing experiences Heritage Barn Workshops
And creating tools, like the Preservation Toolkit and Historic Resources Inventory Toolkit, that guide preservationists like you
At Restore Oregon, We Advocate.
- Through relationship-building with state-wide and local community groups and our State Historic Preservation Organization
- By supporting your projects through Oregon’s Most Endangered Places
- And lobbying for better policy at the state legislatur
At Restore Oregon, We Celebrate.
- The accomplishments of Oregon’s entire preservation industry at our annual Restoration Celebration
- Through our monthly and quarterly publications that tell your stories
- And our annual DeMuro Awards for Excellence in Preservation
A few program highlights.
We believe in historic preservation through mindfulness.
By acknowledging the need for equity, bridging gaps, leveraging our resources, and empowering people. Now, more than ever, Restore Oregon recognizes its role in telling the whole story. We have work to do to move historic preservation forward in terms of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We believe together, we can tell the whole story. Together, we are Saving Places.